I am going to tell you exactly how to start a new chapter in your life. You can turn the corner and begin again, fresh and new. This is a life skill that anyone can benefit from now or at some critical time in the future.
Why Starting a New Chapter in Your Life is Important
We all have that one friend who lives in the past. They can’t let go of what they’ve lost or what they think is missing from their life. It’s okay, we’re not here to judge them. Youâ€™re here because you donâ€™t want to be that kind of person, and youâ€™re looking to find out how to start a brand new chapter in your life. Your friend will hopefully follow suit once they see your transformation.
Starting a new chapter in life can be so, so, hard. But it can also be an amazingly freeing experience. You may experience pain during this process. Keep in mind that the struggle is temporary, you can work through it to get to the next phase.
Starting a new chapter is different for everyone. It doesnâ€™t necessarily mean that you need to walk away from everything and everyone that you have now. It just means that you need to change the narrative of your current story so that itâ€™s different from now on.
First, Change the Way You Talk to Yourself
Likely your current narrative involves you talking to yourself in a negative way.
Negative thinking is something that everyone on this planet struggles with, and it can be detrimental to anyone’s mental health on a day-to-day basis. What starts as something small can quickly spiral into something much, much worse if it isn’t stopped in time. Often we don’t even know that we are participating in negative thinking. It takes practice to recognize and stop this cycle.
Starting over is the best way to stop that cycle of negative thinking and start feeling more fulfilled than you were before! We’ve put together some ways that you can start over – Write a new chapter, just for you!
Looking for a guide to help you understand your inner voice and change the way you talk to yourself? I found this one, and I’m loving it! A 33 Page Digital download that will walk you through understanding your inner voice and making improvements. $7 is a steal for this gorgeous workbook! (click and scroll down to find this one, or choose a different workbook that speaks to you today)
How To Change Your Mindset & Start A New Chapter In Your Life
It can be hard to know where to start when you want to make a clean new chapter. But the first thing is to stop negative thinking and start over. It’s time to change your mindset and start a new chapter in your life.
If you feel stuck, it can help to think of what matters most in your life and what you would like to do with the time that is available. Grab some paper and a pen. Or a gratitude journal. Do this exercise to stop the negative thinking cycle quickly.
- Fill a page, or two, or more! with all of the things you are grateful for. LIST THEM ALL. Right down to the chair under your butt and the polish on your fingernails. Really hammer home that gratitude. They say that you can’t be anxious if your’re being grateful.
- Once you’re done with that part, you may want to take a break. Or, go on to the next part right away. It’s up to you.
- Fill more pages with goals, ideas, future plans, and things you want. This doesn’t need to be organized in any way. Call it a brain dump. Just write. Get out of your head all of those “I should” things. Like, “I should have gone to college”, turns into “I will go to collage”, or “I don’t actually need a collage degree”. Whichever applies.
Keep going until you have a bank to draw from. Now every time you start to turn the wrong way, you can refer to this writing. You can see all of the amazing things you have to be grateful for, and you can find a focus for your thoughts that is future oriented.
The 4 Steps to Begin a New Chapter in Your Life
The 4 Steps to Begin a New Chapter in Your Life is the ultimate guide on how to make a new start and walk away from the negativity that you’ve been experiencing.
It’s never easy to make big changes in your life. But sometimes you need to do it for yourself, for your family or for someone else. These six steps will help you make the changes that are necessary and will show you that there is always hope, even when it seems like everything is falling apart.
1. Put your ego in check: It’s key to understand that you have some growing to do. Make sure you acknowledge and know that you donâ€™t have it all figured out and that there is always room for improvement. We can sometimes get in our own way when we donâ€™t allow for learning.
2. Understand what makes you happy: Figure out what makes you happy and do it as much as possible, whether that means going to a show or taking a walk around the block. If you arenâ€™t exactly sure what it is that makes you happy, I suggest trying something new! Learn a skill, or join a club. This will give you a new perspective.
3. Get rid of toxic relationships: If there is someone in your life who is bringing you down, making you feel unimportant or insignificant, consider removing them from your life at once, or at least limiting your interactions with them. Negative people get into our systems, causing us to be negative too.
4. Forgive yourself: We all make mistakes and we canâ€™t beat ourselves up for doing so – instead we should forgive ourselves and move on to the next task at hand with renewed vigor and enthusiasm. Ask yourself how you would treat yourself if you were a small child. Be nice.
Suggested Tools for Starting a New Chapter
Some Self Help Reading – Learn more about how to forgive yourself and those who have hurt you in the past.
Mantras or Affirmations– Use one of these Mantras to build your self-confidence and make your new chapter a bit easier to write.
Be Fearless and Start A New Chapter Today
It’s always scary to start something new. We are scared that we won’t be able to complete it, that we’re not good enough, and that the outcome will be a disaster. Iâ€™m here to tell you that you ARE smart enough, talented enough and brave enough to take on this challenge. You deserve happiness and success. Be fearless and start a new chapter today.