These forgiveness quotes will help you forgive whatever you need to forgive in your life.
Forgiveness is never easy, especially when you have to forgive someone who is never sorry. The thing about forgiveness is, it is a personal burden. The person you are holding a grudge on in most cases is not even aware of the fact that they hurt you.
When you forgive, it frees you from bad emotions such as anger, hate, shame, jealousy, and hurt. Those are emotions you do not want to keep carrying around. We are all striving to be happy out here.
So here are 31 quotes about forgiveness that will help you let go of the hurt.
- “The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”_Thomas Szasz
Quotes About Forgiving Yourself.
2. “When we don’t forgive, we’re not hurting the other person. We’re not hurting the company that did us wrong. We’re not hurting God. We’re only hurting ourselves.”_Joel Osteen
3. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.”_Les Brown
4. “You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.”_Lewis B. Smedes
5. “Forgiveness is not a feeling; it is a commitment. It is a choice to show mercy, not to hold the offense up against the offender. Forgiveness is an expression of love.”_Gary Chapman
6. “Never forget that to forgive yourself is to release trapped energy that could be doing good work in the world.”_D. Patrick Miller.
7. “If I hadn’t forgiven myself, I wouldn’t be strong enough to love someone this much.”_Dawn Lanuza
8. “Forgive yourself. The supreme act of forgiveness is when you can forgive yourself for all the wounds you’ve created in your own life. Forgiveness is an act of self-love. When you forgive yourself, self-acceptance begins and self-love grows.”_Miguel Ángel Ruiz Macías
Quotes About Forgiving others.
9. “You can’t forgive without loving. And I don’t mean sentimentality, I don’t mean much. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say, ‘I forgive, but I’m finished with it.’”_Maya Angelou
10. “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.”_Tyler Perry
11. “Forgive others, not because they deserve your forgiveness but because you deserve peace.”_Mel Robbins
12. “I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn’t sorry and accept an apology I never received.”_Unknown
13. “In the shadow of my hurt, forgiveness feels like a decision to reward my enemy. But in the shadow of the cross, forgiveness is merely a gift from one undeserving soul to the next.”_Andy Stanley
14. “Today I decided to forgive you. Not because you apologized, or because you acknowledged the pain you caused me, but because my soul deserves peace.”_Najwa Zebian
15. “He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven; for everyone has the need to be forgiven.”_George Herbert
True Quotes About Forgiveness.
16. “The weak cannot forgive, forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”_Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Don’t ever underestimate the power of forgiveness. I’ve seen it, free people. I’ve seen it lift burdens that had weighed them down and kept them from moving on.”_Buffy Andrews
18. “True forgiveness is when you can say thank you for the experience.”_Oprah Winfrey
19. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”_C.S. Lewis
20. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.”_Bryant H. Mcgill
21. “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.”_Yolanda Hadid
Funny Quotes About Forgiveness
22. ” Sometimes the first step to forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.”_Unknown
23. “Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them as much.”_Oscar Wilde
24. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.”_William Arthur Ward
25. “Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap.”_Unknown
26. “A good wife always forgives her husband when she is wrong.”_Milton Berie
Best Forgiveness Quotes
27. “Forgiveness has nothing to do with absolving a criminal of his crime. It has everything to do with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim–letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor.”_Unknown
28. “Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.”_Anonymous
29. “Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.”_Marianne Williamson
30. “Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you, love, prayer, and forgiveness.”_H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
31. “Forgiveness, compassion, and kindness are the fundamental ingredients of our beloved humanity.”_Debasish Mridha